Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 22:44:00 +0300
From: Alexander Cherepanov <>
Subject: CVE request: lhasa: directory traversals

Directory traversals were fixed in lhasa a couple of years ago.

They were not found by me. I've just rediscovered one of them and
wondered why it worked on Debian wheezy but not on Debian jessie.

Sanitize directory paths and do not allow '..'

Add deferred creation for dangerous symlinks.

which should probably be accompanied by

Fix some corner cases with symlink handling.

Only show symlink extraction message once.

but I haven't looked inside.

Could CVE please be assigned?

Alexander Cherepanov