Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 07:35:27 -0800
From: Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How GNU/Linux distros deal with offset2lib attack?

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 03:22:58PM +0800, Shawn wrote:

> 2, ASLRv3? Hector Marco( the dude who disclosured offset2lib attack)
> sent a patch to the upstream:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/12/4/839
>
> Even the upstream don't accept the patch, is this possible to backport
> it & maintain it for distro community?

Upstream asked for some basic fixes to the patch (i.e. it wasn't
submitted in the needed format) before it could accept it, so I doubt
it's rejected yet.

And of course a distro could backport and maintain it, it's a very tiny
patch, much smaller than what they normall backport.  Take it up with
the distros if you want this.

thanks,

greg k-h