Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:37:27 -0500
From: Robert Watson <robertcwatson1@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fuzzing findings (and maybe CVE requests) -
 Image/GraphicsMagick, elfutils, GIMP, gdk-pixbuf, file, ndisasm, less

Solutions to the most difficult problems are often found by approaching it
from the opposite direction...

What about using fuzzing to find those tools withOUT vulnerabilities and
"certifying them" in some way as safe for all inputs?

If a tool has too many problems or no champion to fix them, then there lies
a need to be filled for a programmer to produce a better tool.

On passing audit, the new tool would become the preferred tool for new
distro releases, especially for systems running websites.

Robert "DocSalvager" Watson

*Trust in truth keeps hope alive*

*     iCare for AffordableCare
<http://www.nationalpartnership.org/issues/health/HIT/>*