Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:38:51 +0300
From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@...me.ru>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fuzzing findings (and maybe CVE requests) - Image/GraphicsMagick,
 elfutils, GIMP, gdk-pixbuf, file, ndisasm, less

On 2014-11-17 16:52, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>, 2014-11-17, 13:33:
>> I wasn't able to fuzz a crash out of 7z, arj, msgunfmt (gettext),
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/763820
> https://bugs.debian.org/769901
>
> I don't remember the exact details, but I'm pretty sure it took at most
> a few hours of afl-fuzzing to find these crashers.

Everybody wants to play with a shiny new toys but old ones are also good
sometimes:

$ printf 'msgid "a"\nmsgstr "b"' > test.po
$ msgfmt test.po -o test.mo
$ time zzuf -qcs: msgunfmt test.mo
zzuf[s=93318,r=0.004]: signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

real	6m30.636s
user	0m1.212s
sys	0m14.853s

Actually, afl-fuzz found a crash in it in 1 min 33 sec.

--
Alexander Cherepanov