Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:40:05 +0200
From: Mario Vilas <mvilas@...il.com>
To: Grond <grond66@...il.com>
Cc: Nick Kralevich <nnk@...gle.com>, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
	fulldisclosure <fulldisclosure@...lists.org>
Subject: Re: [FD] CVE request: remote code execution in Android CTS

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Grond <grond66@...il.com> wrote:

> Is this kind of file ever *intended* to be used as an executable script?
> If the answer is "no"; then you should apply fixes.

Seems to me like it was. Also, wouldn't a user who can edit those files
also be able to, for example, patch the executable files as well? I haven't
actually checked the file permissions but it seems like a reasonable
assumption.

--
“There's a reason we separate military and the police: one fights the enemy
of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military