Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 09:01:55 +0200
From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <n.mavrogiannopoulos@...il.com>
To: mancha <mancha1@...o.com>,oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav@...tls.org>,dkg@...thhorseman.net
Subject: Re: neuter the poodle (was: Re: Truly scary SSL 3.0 vuln to be revealed soon:)

Hi,
The attack that you describe below is not an attack on tls negotiation. If you would be using the gnutls api as documented it wouldn't work. It is an attack on the insecure negotiation used by firefox, which as it seems it shares code with thunderbird. The text in my description is accurate, the attack affects mostly browsers, and if you are using the tls protocol negotiation you are safe.