Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 23:32:20 -0700
From: Krassimir Tzvetanov <maillists@...ssi.biz>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Truly scary SSL 3.0 vuln to be revealed soon:

If I have to complain about something (and this is a general concern not
poodle-centric) it would be that I will be good to get heads up on
vulnerable versions.
Even if no details are released at that time it would be good to have 4
hours heads up. In most circumstances this is not sufficient time to
reverse and start exploiting but would allow responders to enumerate the
products/systems affected and contact the owners.

In a production environment this might mean cancelling planned change
requests and in development environments this might mean preparing the
necessary engineering teams and test environments.

In some cases this will also make it easy for people from other time zones
to have the proper incident managers engaged (provided they have less
senior stuff or automation monitoring this list).

So if you are working with embargoed info consider encouraging the owners
to disclose affected versions prior to the full report.

Best,
Krassimir