Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:48:00 -0700
From: Walter Parker <walterp@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Truly scary SSL 3.0 vuln to be revealed soon:

Yea, reposting a link to an Internationally read news site doesn't seem
like much of an issue.

Posting the exploit code a week ahead of time, maybe, but reposting that
there is a problem in a 15 year protocol that uses parts with known
weaknesses, which was to be released less than 12 hours later, doesn't look
like a problem.

What is this list's policy on Full Disclosure?

What is this list's policy on sourced/unsourced security rumors?

Why do people on lists like this seem to think that censoring themselves
and others will actually do any good. That somehow the oss-security post
will be the straw that broke the camel's back and not the Internationally
read news site (or all the black hat/pirate sites)? How many posts to
oss-security are patient zero for embargo breaking? What about just
responsible for any cracking happening in the real world?

--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis