Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:51:11 +1100 (EST)
From: Dave Horsfall <dave@...sfall.org>
To: OSS Security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Of Shellshock and logfiles

I don't *think* I've seen this mentioned here (and apologies if so), but
somebody posited on another list that Shellshock attempts in one's Apache
logs are not directed against PHP or its scripts, but rather against those
Bash scripts that analyse the Apache logs in turn...  I've heard of
similar things in mail logs, which *could* be the result of attempting to
target either Procmail or logfile analysers.

Then again, maybe the spammers really are that desperate that they'll try
anything that they think might work.

-- Dave