Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 22:47:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David A. Wheeler" <dwheeler@...eeler.com>
To: "oss-security" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Shellshock and beyond

All:

Given the feedback here and elsewhere, I've tried to distill how to detect or prevent shellshock-like things ahead-of-time.  My current try is here:

   http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/shellshock.html#detect-or-prevent

More ideas and refinements would be welcome.  I've also made a number of refinements (e.g., the timeline has more info, where the name came from has been identified, etc.).

Thanks again!

--- David A.Wheeler