Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 15:15:00 +0100
From: Steve Jones <trevd1234@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Shellshock timeline (was: CVE-2014-6271: remote
 code execution through bash)

cd.textfiles.com and archive.org both have a collection of
shareware cd images of a stripes from around that era.
They're probably worth a look.

The GNU bulletins may serve as another useful
historical artifact.

http://www.gnu.org/bulletins/

Bulletin 7 has the bash beta announce and each
issue has a list of ftp download sites. I expect most
are dead but you get lucky

I suspect the trail runs cold in this case due to the
GNUFtp Hack incident of 2003
http://net-security.org/article.php?id=544