Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 15:28:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David A. Wheeler" <dwheeler@...eeler.com>
To: "oss-security" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Shellshock timeline (was: CVE-2014-6271: remote code execution
 through bash)

FYI, I've created a timeline of major Shellshock events here:

  http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/shellshock.html#timeline

If anyone has corrections or key additions, let me know.

I hope to eventually document "how to detect or prevent something like it in the future" as part of the same paper, but that is unfortunately a harder task :-(.

--- David A. Wheeler