Openwall GNU/*/Linux - a small security-enhanced Linux distro for servers

>>>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Chet Ramey <chet.ramey@...e.edu> wrote:
>>>>> On 9/24/14, 5:32 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
>>>>>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:27:09PM +0200, Hanno B??ck wrote:
>>>>>>> Tavis Ormandy just tweetet this:
>>>>>>> https://twitter.com/taviso/status/514887394294652929
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The bash patch seems incomplete to me, function parsing is still
>>>>>>> brittle. e.g. $ env X='() { (a)=>\' sh -c "echo date"; cat echo
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for bringing this to oss-security.  I've added CC to Chet and
>>>>>> Tavis on this "reply".
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a fix for this.
>>>>
>>>> Can you provide a pointer to the patch?  I put together a patch that
>>>> changed the report_error() to fatal_error() as I wasn't able to see
>>>> how to reset the parser state.  Was just about to send it out...
>>>
>>> I think Chet is not on oss-security - we should be CC'ing him where
>>> appropriate.  (I've added the CC on this reply.)
>> I haven't sent the patch out.  It's not related to this problem -- this
>> is just the easiest way to get to that code path -- and I still have
>> some investigating to do.
> Please note, We have assigned CVE-2014-3659 to this issue.

I got this message from MITRE some time back:

"No, we are keeping CVE-2014-7169. CVE-2014-7169 was already public at
nvd.nist.gov before 1146319 was created. Also, the nvd.nist.gov entry
most likely has a much wider audience. We will enter a REJECT entry
for CVE-2014-3659."

So CVE-2014-3659 stands rejected and we will use CVE-2014-7169 for this
issue.

Huzaifa Sidhpurwala / Red Hat Product Security Team

Powered by blists - more mailing lists

Your e-mail address:

Please check out the Open Source Software Security Wiki, which is counterpart to this mailing list.

Powered by Openwall GNU/*/Linux - Powered by OpenVZ