Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 23:01:34 -0400
From: Chet Ramey <chet.ramey@...e.edu>
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: chet.ramey@...e.edu
Subject: Re: CVE-2014-6271: remote code execution through bash

On 9/24/14, 9:30 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

>>> I have a fix for this.
>>
>> Can you provide a pointer to the patch?  I put together a patch that
>> changed the report_error() to fatal_error() as I wasn't able to see
>> how to reset the parser state.  Was just about to send it out...
>
> I think Chet is not on oss-security - we should be CC'ing him where
> appropriate.  (I've added the CC on this reply.)

Here's the patch.  It's not specific to this vulnerability -- I can get
it to work from at least one other code path.  Please take a look and
see if you can bypass it.

Chet
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU    chet@...e.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/

View attachment "eol-pushback.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (312 bytes)