Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 01:10:54 +0000
From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <>
To: oss-security <>
Subject: Fwd: ezmlm warning

I'm forwarding this email to the ml as I just noticed this is the 3rd
time since Jun 19th that because of DMARC emails from some members are
being rejected by receivers domains, like gmail for me. As I don't
recall reading about this topic before in this ml, I'm raising the
issue in case others are unaware and start getting warnings for losing
emails or are surprised by some members not getting their emails.
>From the warnings sent to me, this seems to have affected messages
with numbers 10358, 10965, 10969, 10972, 13596 and 13652.
I'm not sure if at this point there's anything that can be done by
members to avoid losing emails - except perhaps using a different mail
service or hosting their own as it seems unlikely that gmail, yahoo
and others can be forced to change their policies.
I first heard about this from my colleague at Gentoo Robin H. Johnson
(robbat2), who raised this issue with the IETF[1]. I see that gmail
now has a support article about it as well[2].

 [1] -
 [2] -

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
Gentoo Developer