Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:03:02 -0700
From: Tim <tim-security@...tinelchicken.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open Source only?

Hi Alexander,

> Maybe such a counter-example already exists somewhere in the list
> archives, but anyhow what do we want our policy on this to be going
> forward?

My two coppers:

I'd say keep it limited to things that are at least mostly available
under an OSI license or a very similar one.  These days there's really
not that much open source code out there that doesn't fit that
definition, so the edge cases shouldn't come up that often.  When they
do come up, just make an "executive decision" as the moderator.

Thanks for asking for opinions on the matter.

tim