Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:23:37 +0200
From: Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: timthumb remote code execution

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 11:56:55 +0200
Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de> wrote:

> The timthumb code, used by a countless number of wordpress themes, has
> (again) a remote code execution vulnerability:

And before people run aronud screaming and panicking (like I did this
morning) it seems the whole thing is only vulnerable if the webshots
feature is enabled (default is disabled).

So most installations are probably not affected if I understand this
right.

Still worth a CVE :-)

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de
GPG: BBB51E42

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]