Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:32:20 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: transparency on message moderation

Henri,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 03:05:39PM +0300, Henri Salo wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 03:32:59PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> > IIRC, a long while ago Henri Salo expressed an interest (in private
> > e-mail to me) in contributing to this sort of activities.  Henri, would
> > you like to help co-moderate oss-security - which currently means only
> > approving obviously-desirable messages, and leaving everything else to
> > me?  What are your current affiliations (e.g., any Linux distro)?
>
> Sure. Send me instructions and I'm happy to help.

Thanks!  I've just added you as a co-moderator, and removed Josh.
(Thanks again for your help, Josh!)

The instructions are simple: you will be receiving moderation request
e-mails from ezmlm-idx (that runs this list) whenever a message is held
for moderation.  If the message should obviously be accepted, you reply
to the default address (it starts with "oss-security-accept-").
Otherwise you do nothing.  Please do not ever reject any message.
I'll take care of the rejects (and will ignore the automated spam).
I'll also take care of whitelisting most senders of desirable messages
(after we've accepted some of their messages with nothing to reject).

I've also added you to the oss-security admin address, which I am going
to CC when I communicate with message senders (usually when someone has
sent us something that shouldn't obviously be accepted, nor rejected,
until they clarify).  You are not expected to reply to any messages sent
to that address.  This is only for you to be better informed of how I am
handling the less obvious cases.

Thanks again,

Alexander