Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 00:23:36 -0700
From: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith@...cle.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>, Ramon de C Valle <rdecvalle@...are.com>,
        VMware Security Response Center <security@...are.com>,
        Monty Ijzerman <mijzerman@...are.com>

On 06/ 3/14 11:25 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> I don't know of any specific OSS software of their own

Speaking as an X.Org developer, I can attest that VMWare maintains the
xf86-video-vmware and xf86-input-vmmouse drivers in X.Org for use in
VMWare guests, and contributes very heavily to the development of Mesa3D
through a number of VMWare employees, including the primary maintainer.

Though that speaks to being a member of the OSS community in general,
and in producing software for which announcements might go to distros,
not necessarily for being on the receiving end.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith@...cle.com