Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:42:58 -0500
From: Kent Baxley <kent.baxley@...onical.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request, multiple vulnerabilities in openwsman

Hello,

A recent security code review was performed on openwsman version 2.4.3
and several issues were identified and fixed in version 2.4.4.

Can we please get CVEs assigned to them?

The full list is here, in the section dated February 27, 2014:

https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commits/638b9c8acfa6ded84c94c01e137c61c29d65d62e/src

I have broken each one down by commit here:

ws_xml_make_default_prefix() can overflow buf parameter via sprintf()
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/1c21816f1d2cc63eee6326d0f1340d3341694e60

wsmc_create_request() potential buf[20] overflow via WSMAN_ACTION_RENEW
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/a61b2074a90c9fb3019f49b6b347ad651a3f80af

LocalSubscriptionOpUpdate() unchecked fopen()
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/09c3fcf4d209f6890eb9cb9e554bff637eae73b5

Incorrect order of sanity guards in wsman_get_fault_status_from_doc()
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/ca68ddd7c24b238cbb94bc97ffac349ff25f07bf

Unchecked memory allocation in wsman_init_plugins(), p->ifc
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/d51551bf791083c00105e5d8ef0b3bc24e5bb4b5

Unchecked memory allocation in mem_double(), newptr
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/89dabd4582e3fbb88328dd780e89baf6efb4ad3f

Unchecked memory allocation in dictionary_new(), d, d->val, d->key, d->hash
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/638abcbf5faa97ccb2c3ab15faeb2f2cc9363b56

Unchecked memory allocation in u_error_new(), *error
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/d9b48a472819b258a34746a07256516653d5a141

Remove (unsafe) debug() call from sighup_handler
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/commit/2cd98b07fa6930727a35da2b7409610b74535cae

Thanks!

--
Kent Baxley