Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:02:09 +0530
From: Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <huzaifas@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenSSL 1.0.1 TLS/DTLS hearbeat information disclosure
 CVE-2014-0160

On 04/09/2014 01:07 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> Mon, 07 Apr 2014 06:10 : Huzaifa Sidhpurwala sends a mail to distros
>                          list with no details but an offer to request
>                          them privately

After i sent a mail to distros, i was contacted by security engineers
from most major distributions. I answered most of the them as soon as i
could with complete details including the upstream patch.

Some of them mailed during my night time. I saw these emails the next
day, and it was pointless to answer them at that time, since the issue
was already public.

--
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala / Red Hat Security Response Team