Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:08:23 +0200
From: Georgi Guninski <guninski@...inski.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: OT What are the delays in delivery of Fyodor's
 Full Disclosure list?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:09:38AM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Georgi Guninski <guninski@...inski.com>wrote:
>
> > Sorry for offtopic.
> >
> > What are the delays in the delivery in
> > Fyodor's Full Disclosure list?
> >

> It is because the list is not even three days old yet and already has more
> than 6,000 members and I'm still trying to set things up, including a team
> of list members to help moderate.  But as of now, I'm still the only
> moderator and I need to sleep sometimes.  I also have other projects to
> work on than just moderating fulldisclosure.
>
> Today at  17:06:09 +0200 I tried to post
> > to fulldisclosure@...lists.org,
> > now is 17:53:51 EET 2014 and neither I
> > received the message nor it is on the mirror.
> >

> I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to your message in the first 47 minutes.
>  But it did eventually post:
>
> http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2014/Mar/397

According to the headers it is more like
2 hours and 10 minutes.

> "lightly moderated" is not far away from
> > "lightly pregnant" IMHO.
> >

> John tried to run the old fulldisclosure list unmoderated at first and it
> lead to a disastrous crapflood of furry porn and other non-security junk as
> soon as the list got big enough that trolls deemed it worthy to disrupt.
>  He switched to moderation many years ago.  I think he may have set
> auto-moderation for people who always post good stuff, and I hope we'll be
> able to do that too.
>
> If you want to try creating a fully unmoderated fulldisclosure list,
> nothing is stopping you, and I sincerely wish you the best.

I don't see this thread on F-FD,
appears it is censored by moderation
just because the moderator didn't like
it. I see little difference with Bugtraq.

Let me remind that alpeh1 sold Bugtraq.

--
blog: https://j.ludost.net/blog/
forum: https://j.ludost.net/ss/index.php