Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:58:37 +0000
From: Matthew Wilkes <matthew@...thewwilkes.co.uk>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request for Plone

Hello all,

I'd like to request some CVEs for Plone as we have a hotfix release today.

Filesystem path information leak
--------------------------------

First up, we have a vulnerability that allows people to find the install
path of Plone on a server. I can't actually think of any attacks that
happen with this, but we had a CVE assigned for it before so I'm
requesting another.

Details, including source links are at:
     https://plone.org/security/20131210/path-leak

Privilege escalation through exposed underlying API

Plone's searching infrastructure is based on CMF's, which is based on
Zope's. Plone wraps the search API with additional filters for
permissions and expired content. One of the methods that allows
searching wasn't so wrapped, so people who can write untrusted Python
can gain access to content they aren't authorised to. In addition, this
can accidentally expose information.

Details, including source links are at:
     https://plone.org/security/20131210/catalogue-exposure

In addition, we are releasing two patches to vulnerabilities in Zope
today. Can somebody advise if these should be merged?

Reflexive XSS in browser_id_manager
-----------------------------------

Zope's session infrastructure includes a method for encoding URLs, which
is accessible through the web. By passing HTML into this method a
reflexive XSS attack can be achieved.

Details, including source links are at:
     https://plone.org/security/20131210/zope-xss-in-browseridmanager

Reflexive XSS in OFS.Image

Zope's image objects include a method for generating tags, which allow
for arbitrary classes to be included. This method is accessible through
the web and these classes are not sanitised, so the image tag can be
broken out of and arbitrary HTML included.

Details, including source links are at:
     https://plone.org/security/20131210/zope-xss-in-OFS

Thanks for your attention,

Matt