Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:33:08 -0400
From: Chris Reffett <creffett@...too.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request: X2Go server

Hi all,
I couldn't find a CVE, so I would like to request one for a
vulnerability in X2Go Server. The vendor reported an issue where a
remote user could execute arbitrary code as the x2go user, apparently by
leveraging a setgid executable which did not have a hardcoded path to
"libx2go-server-db-sqlite3-wrapper.pl". [1] is the commit fixing the
vulnerable code, [2] is the upstream release announcement.

Thanks,
Chris Reffett

[1]
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commit;h=42264c88d7885474ebe3763b2991681ddfcfa69a
[2]
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-announcement/2013-May/000125.html

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (394 bytes)