Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:35:00 +0000 (GMT)
From: "Larry W. Cashdollar" <>
To: Open Source Security <>
Subject: YingZhi Python Programming Language for iOS ftp .. bug & httpd
 arbitrary upload

I'd like to request a CVE for these vulnerabilities I disclosed back on Sept 27 2012.

YingZhi Python Programming Language for iOS

Vendor: XiaoWen Huang, YingZhi Python for iOS.

Ver 1.9.

OSVDB IDs: 96719 & 96720

Product Websites YingZhi

Python Interpreter is a native python development application for the iPad/iPhone. It is available for iOS 4 and above.

The product is packaged with its own httpd and ftpd servers. Enabling the local daemons for development by Touching Computer<->This Machine starts up an httpd server and ftpd server, both daemons are bound to device IP not localhost.

httpd server allows upload of arbitrary files to root WWW directory.

Browsing to http://<target_ip>:8080/ presents an index page in which anyone can upload files to the web servers root

ftp server vulnerable to ../ bug

The ftp server doesn't sanitize user input and allows remote users to read and possibly write to the devices storage.

The ftp server doesn't bother authenticating users, any username/password combination will allow you in.

Larry W. Cashdollar @_larry0