Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:28:09 +0200
From: TYPO3 Security Team <security@...o3.org>
To: kseifried@...hat.com
CC: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2013081510000021]
 CVE request: TYPO3 remote code execution by arbitrary file creation
 TYPO3-CORE-SA-201 [...]

Dear Kurt,

08/15/2013 05:10 - Kurt Seifried wrote:

> so it sounds like embedded third party software, there appear to be
> some older CVE's for flowplayer, I'm guessing it might be one of
> these? Can the typo3 people please provide details (e.g. code patches)
> of exactly what they fixed?

Yes, third party software flowplayer and Audio Player. Here are the changes:

https://review.typo3.org/22711
https://review.typo3.org/22710

The related older CVEs are already mentioned in the advisory, namely:

CVE-2011-3642, CVE-2013-1464

> For the second one "Vulnerable subcomponent: Backend File Upload /
> File Abstraction Layer" code execution please use CVE-2013-4250 for
> this issue.

Thanks. I updated the advisory accordingly.

Regards,

Helmut Hummel
Member of the TYPO3 Security Team

--
TYPO3 Security Team homepage: http://typo3.org/teams/security/

E-Mail: security@...o3.org

Please note: When replying to this e-mail, please leave the header intact.