Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:26:15 +0300
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: security@...o3.org
Subject: CVE request: TYPO3 remote code execution by arbitrary file creation
 TYPO3-CORE-SA-2013-002

Can we assign CVE for remote code execution by arbitrary file creation
vulnerability in TYPO3, thanks.

http://typo3.org/teams/security/security-bulletins/typo3-core/typo3-core-sa-2013-002/
Advisory ID: TYPO3-CORE-SA-2013-002
Vulnerable subcomponent: Backend File Upload / File Abstraction Layer
Vulnerability Type: Remote Code Execution by arbitrary file creation
Affected Versions: All versions from 6.0.0 up to the development branch of 6.2
Severity: Critical
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:L/Au:S/C:C/I:C/A:C/E:F/RL:O/RC:C

Problem Description: The file upload component and the File Abstraction Layer
are failing to check for denied file extensions, which allows authenticated
editors (even with limited permissions) to upload php files with arbitrary code,
which can then be executed in web server's context.

Solution: Update to the TYPO3 version 6.0.8 or 6.1.3 that fix the problem
described!

Credits: Credits go to Sebastian Nerz who discovered and reported the issue.

Please note that XSS issue in the advisory already has CVE. TYPO3 team also
verified that this hasn't been requested already.

---
Henri Salo

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)