Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:29:48 +0200
From: Florian <>
Subject: Re: CVE Request - LibModPlug <= multiple heap

On 07/08/2013 19:17, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 10:24 AM, Florian wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Just a CVE Request for this
>>  Thx
> I need a better request. You want one CVE? multiple CVEs? A quick read
> of the web page indicates multiple different problems. Can you list
> them here and provide links to the source code? thanks.

Okay, so the first bug is an integer overflow in j variable, it occurs
here :

The second bug is a heap overflow and can be triggered in two functions
abc_MIDI_drum :
abc_MIDI_gchord :

h->gchord and h->drum are static buffers and are filled until the copied
byte is in the charset (respectively 'fbcz0123456789ghijGHIJ' and

It's up to you to open one or multiple CVE.

Don't hesitate if you want more information.