Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:03:10 +0000
From: "Christey, Steven M." <coley@...re.org>
To: Reed Loden <reed@...dloden.com>, "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com"
	<oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
CC: "kseifried@...hat.com" <kseifried@...hat.com>, Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>,
	"larry0@...com" <larry0@...com>
Subject: RE: Re: [Red Hat - Possible Forgery] Re:
 Ruby CVEs

I agree that oss-security is not just for CVE requests (although that's what it feels like sometimes), but duplicate CVEs are a pain for everybody.  When posting to oss-security, it's reasonable to say whether CVEs have already been requested or not.  There is not a well-established infrastructure or communication channel to closely coordinate CVE assignments between MITRE and Kurt.

- Steve