Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:38:40 -0600
From: Alton Moore <alton.moore@...comlink.com>
To: <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: handling of Linux kernel vulnerabilities

I think this is a fairly meaningful discussion, not that I feel all that
qualified to speak to some of its particulars.

Everyone being well intentioned here, the question is how to put forward
the least amount of effort (work) and get the most results (overall
security).  When that issue gets hazy, it's often useful to fall back
upon some fundamental tenets that we as computer guys usually believe
in.  "Openness" springs to mind at the moment, although other similarly
respected concepts might be equally applicable.

Not taking sides or anything; just suggesting that, all other things
being equal, the most philosophically appealing course might turn out to
be the best one.  Seems to work for physics.  :-)

Regards,
Alton Moore