Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 07:50:13 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: handling of Linux kernel vulnerabilities

All -

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 08:10:22PM -0700, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> If you want to discuss the theoretical/philosophical nature of
> information security as applied to the Linux kernel I'd be happy to
> set up a separate list for that, OSS-Security isn't really the right
> venue.

The above is Kurt's opinion, which he is indeed entitled to, but it is
not a list moderators' statement.  Thus, please do not be
significantly discouraged to discuss "the theoretical/philosophical
nature of information security as applied to the Linux kernel" in here
just because of Kurt's posting. :-)  Indeed, if that's the general
feeling of list members, we may have to put an end to the discussion,
but I am not seeing that yet.  In fact, I think the discussion will
happily clam down on its own.

Discussions such as this one are in fact on-topic here, despite of them
being relatively rare.  This is the right venue.  I do not think we need
a separate venues for these things yet (if ever).

Thanks,

Alexander