Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:26:34 +0800
From: Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@...nel.sg>
To: OSS Security List <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: CVE request - Linux kernel: VFAT slab-based buffer overflow

> > > The linux-distros/oss-sec members can make sure that each issue gets
> CVE
> > > and it's properly publicly communicated at the right time (preferably
> > > when the issue is public -- when it is committed).
> > >
> > > Should you consider this approach, is there anything I can help with to
> > > make that happen?
> >
> > Yes, I need someone to actually do this.  There used to be a Red Hat
> > security team member that did this, or so I thought.
>
> That was most probably Eugene Teo, he's no longer in Red Hat. I am not
> subscribed to security@...nel.org.

I heard my name being mentioned. I used to do all that background work but
I can't afford to do this full-time anymore. It's not easy but definitely
do-able. It can be rather tiring too. Someone needs to be proactive, and
make this happen. Petr has worked with me for a few years, and I think he
can do this.

I also want to bring back my cve-tagged kernel tree. I'm willing to work
with any distro's security team who is willing to supply me with the CVE
names, and the relevant commits/references. Talk to me if you are
interested...

Eugene