Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:05:33 +0100
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@...c4.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request - Linux kernel: VFAT slab-based buffer overflow

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Kurt Seifried
> The problem with security is you have to basically do it 100%
> correctly 100% of the time, otherwise things fall through the cracks
> (like this VFAT thing).

Also, what about the tmpfs one from yesterday? Nobody involved in the
patch reported that as a security bug to this list, until I saw it
myself, just by chance, as a random person on the internet, and posted
it to the list. In that case, it was clearly marked "use-after-free",
but nobody involved requested a CVE.