Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:40:47 -0600
From: Derek Martin <>
To: Yves-Alexis Perez <>
        Russ Allbery <>,
Subject: Re: rssh: incorrect filtering of command line options

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:21:03AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> CVE-2012-2251
> 	Incorrect filtering of command line when using rsync protocol. It was
> 	for example possible to pass dangerous options after a "--" switch. The rsync
> 	protocol support has been added in a Debian (and Fedora/Red Hat) specific
> 	patch, so this vulnerability doesn't affect upstream.
> CVE-2012-2251

I believe this one was meant to be CVE-2012-2252...

> 	Incorrect filtering of the "--rsh" option: the filter preventing usage of the
> 	"--rsh=" option would not prevent passing "--rsh". This vulnerability affects
> 	upstream code.

I've uploaded rssh-2.3.4 to the project's web page, as well as to
sourceforge.  This update includes the fix for CVE-2012-2252, and also
rolls up a fix for CVE-2012-3478, for which I had previously only
posted a patch.  Additionally there are some mostly trivial updates
for code and build clean-up.

Derek D. Martin
GPG Key ID: 0x81CFE75D

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]