Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:29:41 +0100
From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Privilege escalation (lpadmin -> root) in cups

On sam., 2012-11-10 at 14:01 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On sam., 2012-11-10 at 13:49 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > a Debian user reported a bug in our BTS concerning cupsd. The bug is
> > available at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=692791 and
> > upstream bug at http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4223 (restricted because
> > it's tagged security).
> >
> By the way, it seems that the CUPS security contact at
> http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/software#cups doesn't work, I just
> received a bounce. Does someone know a mail address to reach them?

Followup on that:

I had the information by the person reporting the bug #4223. He had an
answer there that the security contact for Apple was security@...le.com
and the one for CUPS was security@...s.org (which was notified because
the bug was tagged security).

I've edited the wiki to correct the information there.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (491 bytes)