Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:55:22 +0000
From: "Christey, Steven M." <coley@...re.org>
To: Matthew Wilkes <matthew.wilkes@...ne.org>, Assign a CVE Identifier
	<cve-assign@...re.org>
CC: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>,
	"jpokorny@...hat.com" <jpokorny@...hat.com>, "security@...ne.org"
	<security@...ne.org>
Subject: RE: Re: CVE Request - Zope / Plone: Multiple vectors
 corrected within 20121106 fix

Note that CVE tries to maintain some amount of consistency across the space of ALL disclosures, and in some cases, that means merging multiple flaws together even when we know they are distinct.  See the section here: http://cve.mitre.org/cve/editorial_policies/cd_abstraction.html#content_decision_vulnerability_information

It sounds like there's a reasonable argument to split issues 14 and 15 because of the differences between CWEs 407 and 749.

For 01 and 02, the CVSS differences are not relevant - at least, not from a CVE perspective.  But, if one is about "incomplete security declarations" and the other is not, that also seems reasonable to split.

- Steve