Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:48:39 +0100
From: Tim Brown <>
Subject: Medium severity flaw with Perl 5

I recently discovered that Perl 5 interpreter is vulnerable to memory
corruption when large values are supplied to the x operator.

After discussions with the vendor, CVE-2012-5195 was assigned to this

I know Red Hat and Debian have picked it up, but I'm not sure about other

Tim Brown

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]