Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:48:39 +0100
From: Tim Brown <timb@...-dimension.org.uk>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Medium severity flaw with Perl 5

I recently discovered that Perl 5 interpreter is vulnerable to memory
corruption when large values are supplied to the x operator.

After discussions with the vendor, CVE-2012-5195 was assigned to this
vulnerability.

I know Red Hat and Debian have picked it up, but I'm not sure about other
vendors.

Tim
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:timb@...-dimension.org.uk>

Download attachment "NDSA20121025.txt.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (8134 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)