Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:01:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov@...hat.com>
To: Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE Request: pidgin lack of SSL checks

Hello Marcus,

> Hi,
>
> Beautiful rant... needs CVE I guess.
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/15308
>
> Missing SSL checks in libpurples NSS SSL plugin allows MitM attacks.

Actually right now it looks there isn't an issue at all
(if I got that clarification correctly):
[1] http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/15308#comment:3

Thus I would wait with CVE assignment for a bit till "water surface
has had chance to quieten down".

> (funny side note here is that gnutls 3.x is GPLv3 and effectively
>  could taint any library/binary linking with it to be GPLv3 or newer.)
>
> Ciao, Marcus
> --
> Open Linux Security Engineer Position at SUSE: http://bit.ly/Li4RbS

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team