Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:32:57 +0300
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: reba@...rs.berlios.de, pereira@...biz.de
Subject: CVE-request: plow buffer overflow vulnerability

Can you assign 2012 CVE-identifier for plow buffer overflow issue reported in here: http://seclists.org/bugtraq/2012/Jul/22

After discussion with Pereira I checked several versions of the code and affected code is at least in versions 0.0.1, 0.0.2. Sorry but I was unable to find proper version control commits. Version 0.0.1 is still suggested at least in sourceforge page http://sourceforge.net/projects/plow.berlios/

I am unable to compile this software in my Debian stable or unstable system so I can't verify these using the PoC.

- Henri Salo