Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:58:58 -0600
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: Luc ABRIC <luc.abric@...ida.fr>
CC: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>,
        Yann MICHARD <yann.michard@...ida.fr>,
        Karim SLAMANI <karim.slamani@...ida.fr>,
        Valérian PERRET <valerian.perret@...ida.fr>,
        "'jkn@...no'" <jkn@...no>
Subject: Re: CVE request: eZ Publish: insecure direct object
 reference

On 03/20/2012 02:53 AM, Luc ABRIC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that a CVE ID has been attributed, what am I supposed to do with the details of the vulnerability?

A normal workflow would be to work with the vendor(s) on fixing it and
then when they release an update you release a security advisory
publicly at the same time or later (e.g. to give people time to update).

> Should I post them to vendor-sec? We don't want the details to leak to the public before the fix is fully rolled out, but we'd like to start working on the content of the CVE (make sur you have all needed information, etc.).

Vendor-sec no longer exists, the linux-distros list has replaced it,
http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/mailing-lists/linux-distros

you can certainly post there but be aware that issues posted there
typically fall under a 2 week max embargo, so if you need longer you
should hold off. Also linux-distros really only applies for stuff that
Linux/BSD distros ship, third party software that no-one ships isn't
really all that relevant. I have no idea if anyone ships eZ publish.

> Also, should I continue posting to oss-sec, or mailing you (Kurt) is enough?

I don't need anything else, I just assign the CVE's. Mitre does the
actual write up based on info, publishing, etc. Posting to oss-sec is
ideal, they will see it for sure.

--
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)