Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:02:10 +0100
From: Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand@...il.com>
To: Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov@...hat.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>,
	"Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>, Tres Seaver <tseaver@...ladion.com>,
	Zope Security Team <security-response@...e.org>, Radek Steiger <rsteiger@...hat.com>,
	Jan Pokorny <jpokorny@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: CVE-2011-4924 assignment notification -- Zope2,
 Zope3: Incomplete upstream fix for CVE-2010-1104 issue

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov@...hat.com> wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 01:42 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>> Does this mean CVE-2010-1104 applies to Zope3 too, or the fix for this
>> CVE created CVE-2011-4924?
>
> The former. The CVE-2010-1104 issue was applicable to Zope3 too (just wasn't
> described in the description). The reason probably being the CVE-2010-1104
> to had been reported against Zope2 version only (according to particular
> LaunchPad bug).
>
> Zope2 patch for CVE-2010-1104 was incomplete (still allowing XSS). Not sure,
> if there was some Zope3 patch for CVE-2010-1104 applied.
>
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman could you clarify and help us to understand original
> CVE-2010-1104 situation in Zope3?

To my knowledge there was no patch applied to Zope 3 for
CVE-2010-1104. Mind you though: I only think so because I could not
find evidence of changes in zope.error related to this issue from
before the zope.error 3.7.3 release.

regards, jw
--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman