Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:39:17 +0200
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-request: WordPress 3.1.1

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 03:32:48PM +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
> > 1) Certain unspecified input is not properly sanitised before being
> > returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML
> > and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected
> > site. http://osvdb.org/show/osvdb/72141
>
> I think this is CVE-2012-0287:
> http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2012-0287

I think you are correct. I do not know why I did not see this in allitems.txt.gz. Can't find other CVEs with that URL. There seems to be three issues. I am refering to http://wordpress.org/news/2011/04/wordpress-3-1-1/:

"Version 3.1.1 also addresses three security issues discovered by WordPress core developers Jon Cave and Peter Westwood, of our security team. The first hardens CSRF prevention in the media uploader. The second avoids a PHP crash in certain environments when handling devilishly devised links in comments, and the third addresses an XSS flaw."

Name: CVE-2012-0287
Phase: Assigned (20120103)
Category:
Reference: MISC:http://oldmanlab.blogspot.com/2012/01/wordpress-33-xss-vulnerability.html
Reference: CONFIRM:https://wordpress.org/news/2012/01/wordpress-3-3-1/

Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in wp-comments-post.php in
WordPress 3.3.x before 3.3.1, when Internet Explorer is used, allows
remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the query
string in a POST operation that is not properly handled by the
"Duplicate comment detected" feature.

Current Votes:
None (candidate not yet proposed)