Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:17:08 -0600
From: Jamie Strandboge <jamie@...onical.com>
To: icecast-dev@...h.org
Cc: security@...itz-naumann.com, security@...ntu.com, oss-security
	 <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: RE: [Icecast-dev] Security issue in icecast

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 20:31 +0200, Thomas.Rucker@...to.com wrote:
> *snip*
> Sending this to a public mailing list might not have been the smartest idea.

I considered this a low impact vulnerability and therefore followed the
procedures for reporting to oss-security. Additionally, I looked for a
security contact at http://www.icecast.org/contact.php but could not
find one, so I sent to the list since it said this was a valid way to
submit bugs. If the issue were more severe, I would have followed a
different procedure. I apologize for the inconvenience.

> We're already aware of Moritz's finding and are working on a fix.
>
> Expect icecast release 2.3.3 soon.

Glad to hear. Thanks!

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)