Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:20:59 +0100
From: Armin Burgmeier <armin@...ur.net>
To: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Armin Burgmeier <armin@...39.de>,
 Philipp Kern <phil@...39.de>
Subject: Re: CVE request: 3 flaws in libobby and libnet6

Hi Vasiliy,

thanks for your report!

I have fixed the issues 1+3 in git [1,2]. It would be great if you could
confirm the patches to really fix the issues you raised.

As for the second issue, I do not think it is worth the effort to
implement SSL certificate handling in obby. Both net6 and obby are
replaced by libinfinity in the current development version of Gobby.
libinfinity makes use of SSL certificates.

We would be pleased if you could check for similar flaws in libinfinity
though I admit that it is much more code and probably more complicated
to analyze.

Cheers,
Armin

 [1]