Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:16:32 +0800
From: Eugene Teo <>
CC: "Steven M. Christey" <>
Subject: kernel; CVE-2011-2942 and CVE-2011-3209

CVE-2011-2942; In the br_forward_finish() function, we may call kfree()
on the skb we are forwarding, and so, after it, we should not
dereference skb->dev pointer. With the fix, we save skb->dev before
calling the br_forward_finish() function, so that we can use it
afterwards. It's a regression from a commit that we have backported to
our kernels. It doesn't affect the upstream kernel as the code was

CVE-2011-3209; divide error issue in the clock implementation.

Thanks, Eugene
Eugene Teo / Red Hat Security Response Team