Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:16:32 +0800
From: Eugene Teo <eugene@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Subject: kernel; CVE-2011-2942 and CVE-2011-3209

CVE-2011-2942; In the br_forward_finish() function, we may call kfree()
on the skb we are forwarding, and so, after it, we should not
dereference skb->dev pointer. With the fix, we save skb->dev before
calling the br_forward_finish() function, so that we can use it
afterwards. It's a regression from a commit that we have backported to
our kernels. It doesn't affect the upstream kernel as the code was
rewritten.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/CVE-2011-2942
https://www.redhat.com/security/data/cve/CVE-2011-2942.html

CVE-2011-3209; divide error issue in the clock implementation.

http://git.kernel.org/linus/f8bd2258e2d520dff28c855658bd24bdafb5102d
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/CVE-2011-3209
https://www.redhat.com/security/data/cve/CVE-2011-3209.html

Thanks, Eugene
--
Eugene Teo / Red Hat Security Response Team