Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:02:17 +0200
From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php@...il.com>
To: Stas Malyshev <smalyshev@...arcrm.com>
Cc: Vincent Danen <vdanen@...hat.com>,
	"oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>, "security@....net" <security@....net>
Subject: Re: CVE request: is_a() function may allow arbitrary code execution
 in PHP 5.3.7/5.3.8

hi Stas,

I tend to disagree here. One of the CVE goal is not about declaring
one or the other guilty of bad practice(s) but about informing users
about security issues in the software they use and how to act
correctly to fix these issues.

The is_a change is typically one of these security issues. While being
a minor one (recommended ini settings or good code practices would
avoid it easily), it is still one. That's why I'd to go with assigning
one and link it to the bug.

--
Pierre