Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:25:07 -0500
From: Tim Zingelman <tez@...bsd.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: *BSD security contacts (was: CVE request:
 vulnerability in FreeRADIUS (OCSP))

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 09:28:51AM -0500, Tim Zingelman wrote:
>> Do you think we should combine the entries, or just make sure they
>> both contain all the information?
>
> Please combine them.

Done.  I kept the old one, but added a mention of it's existence in
the regular NetBSD entry.

>> p.s. I at least would be very much in support of a bsd distro's
>> restricted security mailing list if you were to create one.
>
> Sounds good.  Is anyone else interested in that as well?  Also, not
> being involved with a *BSD, perhaps I should not be on that list, but
> this brings up the issue of resolving administrative issues (e.g., not
> being on the list I would not notice spam getting through to it).

I'm afraid I don't know about interest.  I had hoped others would have
jumped in earlier... but they have not...

In the end did the opensolaris based distributions get into the closed
linux list?  If not, I wonder if a list for everyone who
repackages/distributes free/open source software (other than linux
distro's) would make more sense than a BSD specific one?

As far as you being on the list... I at least have no problem with it.
 In fact I would be surprised to find much if anything on such a list
that was not also on the linux list.
(My personal preference would be to have the BSD folks on the linux
list and trust us to just ignore the kernel issues that are not
relevant to us :)

Thanks for all your work to provide good communication options!

 - Tim