Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:55:20 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: *BSD security contacts (was: CVE request: vulnerability in FreeRADIUS (OCSP))

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 09:28:51AM -0500, Tim Zingelman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
>
> > I've just added NetBSD pkgsrc to:
> >
> > http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/vendors
>
> Thanks, but we were/are already there as simply pkgsrc.

Oops.

> Note that pkgsrc supports many OS in addition to NetBSD.

Yes, we're quite aware of that:

http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/pkgsrc

Thank you!

> Do you think we should combine the entries, or just make sure they
> both contain all the information?

Please combine them.  I am not sure which name is better - please make
your own determination.  Somehow I expected to find pkgsrc under or near
NetBSD, despite of being aware of it being usable on other systems.

> p.s. I at least would be very much in support of a bsd distro's
> restricted security mailing list if you were to create one.

Sounds good.  Is anyone else interested in that as well?  Also, not
being involved with a *BSD, perhaps I should not be on that list, but
this brings up the issue of resolving administrative issues (e.g., not
being on the list I would not notice spam getting through to it).

Alexander