Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:48:15 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: The Bind incident

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 07:17:32PM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
> You might have read about AusCert's accidental disclosure of the ISC
> Bind advisories today. If you have more information about this, please
> share. AFAICS, the bind source packages are still not available at the
> ISC website.
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/CVE-2011-2464
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/CVE-2011-2465
> http://risky.biz/auscert-bind
> http://pastebin.com/9NUt8Pk0

Here are the ISC advisories:

http://www.isc.org/software/bind/advisories/cve-2011-2464
http://www.isc.org/software/bind/advisories/cve-2011-2465

The oldest affected version is 9.6'ish, and the advisories explicitly
say that "Other versions of BIND 9 not listed in this advisory are not
vulnerable to this problem."  So those of us with older BIND 9 appear to
have nothing to do on this. ;-)  (Of course, we might have other/older
issues to patch.)

Alexander