Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 00:03:13 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: openssl timing attack

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 02:53:29PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> As a practical matter, you could follow the Debian
> secure-testing-commits mailing list [0] or check out the svn repo [1].
> Updates to Mitre's CVE database are synced there twice a day.

This is very nice, thanks.  Many of the commits have Debian-specific
info, though, which would be a bit distracting, and the Subjects are not
specific (just "data/CVE" or "data/DSA"), yet this may be helpful.

I downloaded
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/secure-testing-commits/2011-May.txt.gz
and grepped it for SSL (case-insensitive).  Didn't find the OpenSSL
issue that started this thread.  This is not surprising: apparently, the
issue did not receive a CVE ID in May, even though CERT published a
Vulnerability Note on it.